Join one of our wonderful educators for a day and experience the Grace Company 21R or Husqvarna Viking Platinum 3000 long-arm while completing your quilt. Our rental program bridges the gap between pushing your quilt through your own machine and having somebody else complete the quilt for you.
Over the course of the day, one of our specialists will walk you through the process of choosing an appropriate design and thread for your quilt, loading your project onto the frame and actually using the automation for perfect and accurate stitching. We will customize the design to fit your project (edge to edge), and you will go home with a completed quilt ready for binding!
Prepping your quilt:
When you bring in your quilt for the rental program, the following points must be followed:
• The quilt top and backing must be pressed
• The quilt back can NOT be a bed sheet
• If the quilt back has seams, the selvedges MUST be cut off and the seams pressed OPEN
• The quilt back must be trimmed on all sides to get a clean edge
• The batting must be either 100% cotton or an 80/20, cotton/poly blend – NO 100% polyester. We currently carry these and a washable wool which has a high loft and is very light.
• The quilt back and batting must be 4” LARGER than the quilt top on all sides
• You must be able to stand at the frame to pin the backing to the leaders, to roll up the quilt and start the rows. If your quilt is not perfectly smooth, you will have to stand at the frame while the machine is stitching to prevent ripples.
• Please bring a lunch with you
Our fee and how to book:
Our price is a flat $40 per hour with a 3-hour minimum. Depending on the complexity of the design you choose, most projects will take 3-6 hours.
We ask that you try to use Warm and Natural Cotton, Warm and Natural White Cotton, and 80/20 Premium Heirloom batting. We have all three in stock and offer a 10% discount on your purchase. In rare cases we may ask you to reconsider your batting choice. Not sure, just call to confirm before your date!
You will also purchase at least two spools of King Tut thread the day of your booking to match your fabric, one for the top, and another for the bobbin. We have the full range of colours in solids and variegated, so you will be sure to find a good match.
We book two clients per day, one at 10am and one at 11am. Punctuality is very important in order to guarantee the best experience possible within your designated time slot. We do one quilt per frame per day. The only exception is two baby quilts, but prior approval is recommended. If two friends want to come in together, with one quilt each, they need to book BOTH frames. They can both come at 10am, but we will not get to the second person until 11am. We are currently booking up to 2-4 weeks ahead.
Contact us to set a day for your rental, and we look forward to seeing you and your project!